When you browse online the websites you visit set tracking script on your browser, so that they, and third-party domains, can track your behavior online. This fact has birthed the market of anti-tracking software for more anonymous surfing. We wanted to know more about that market in the EU, so here are some interesting statistics on about anti-tracking and European internet users:
1. 17% of internet users in the EU use anti-tracking software.
2. 19% of users aged 16-24 in the EU use anti-tracking software.
3. 14% of users aged 65-74 in the EU use anti-tracking software.
4. Estonia has the highest number of users with anti-tracking software int he EU at 31%.
5. In Denmark, 19% of men use anti-tracking software versus 12% of women.
- Statista (2016). Usage of anti-tracking software in Denmark in 2016, by gender [Online]. Statista.com. Available at: https://www.statista.com/statistics/649672/usage-of-anti-tracking-software-in-denmark-by-gender/ (Accessed: 14 Oct 2020)
- Eurostat (2016). Digital economy & society in the EU [Online]. ec.Europa.eu. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/infographs/ict/index.html (Accessed: 14 Oct 2020)